home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Basemap :: Forum

user:
psw:
| lost password | register
Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » Public Transport Data » Traveline National Dataset (TNDS)

5/2/2012 10:43:39 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Basemap and Traveline can confirm that the Traveline National Dataset was released this week. This contains the full public transport dataset for GB and is set to be updated weekly. This has been released as part of the Open Government Licence, and allows commercial re-use. For more information and access please look at http://traveline.info/tnds.
5/21/2012 10:40:36 AM

RobT
RobT
Hi all,
Has anyone managed to use this data in Accession yet?
8/22/2012 2:38:45 PM

Rowley
Rowley
Hello,

Have got a download of the data for the West Midlands as I am having a look at how this could be used in Accession, but get an error message when I try to select files for Download stating 'Error Creating the XML Validator, please make sure that you have installed .NET 2.0 runtime & the XSLellentValidator.dll is in the exe folder'. I appear to have a file on the C:/ drive with the name XSLellentValidator.dll already there and have .NET 2.0 framework on my computer but the TransXchange file will not open. Is .NET 2.0 runtime a different program? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rowley
8/22/2012 3:18:06 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
Hi Rowley,

This is a problem, to do with registration with .NET of the validator. For XML validator registration, since it is .NET dll, it requires .NET2.0 runtime installed. To manually register the dll, using the following steps:
1. Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework, thereshould be a directory with a name such as “v2.0.X”, where X is some minorversion number (such as 50727) , if this directorydoes not exist, you need to install .NET 2.0 runtime (download it fromMicrosoft website)
2. Start command prompt, if you are running Vista, youneed to run it as Administrator
3. Navigate to Accession install directory (C:\Program Files\Accession), where you should find XSLellentValidator.dll, type the following command:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm XSLellentValidator.dll ; remember 50727 is the minor version number, depending on the versionof .NET 2.0 runtime installed, this number may be different on differentmachines.
edited by admin on 9/27/2012
8/28/2012 9:18:01 AM

Rowley
Rowley
I have tried typing that command in the C:\Program Files\Accession directory but just get an error message (says the file is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file). It appears I have all the relevant files, there is a v2.0.50727 directory on my C Drive in the Microsoft.NET\Framework folder.

Rowley
8/29/2012 9:22:02 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Hi, do you have admin privileges on the machine?

Regards,

Admin
8/29/2012 9:47:44 AM

Rowley
Rowley
I don't, which might explain the problem.

Rowley
8/31/2012 9:17:45 AM

admin
admin
Administrator
Rowley,

Have you tried this again with admin privileges?

Regards,

Admin
10/2/2012 3:14:38 PM

Rowley
Rowley
Hello,

I have had a further look at this now, turns out I don't need admin rights as I had missed out something from text in the command prompt. I have now been able to choose the TXC files I wish to import which I couldn't do before, but am now getting a new error when I try to import them. The error in the log is coming back as saying 'some xml files are invalid according to the schema'. When opening up one of the .csv validation files the error stated is 'The http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace:lang' attribute is not declared. Seems like there is something missing perhaps from the xml files, or that there is something missing from the schema?

Thanks,

Rowley
10/3/2012 1:51:22 PM

admin
admin
Administrator
Hi Rowley,

This is an issue to do with internet connectivity. Part of the validation process Accession needs to validate the TXC file online. If there is block on the internet/port/protocol this is the error message that is returned. I have a client testing to find out which ports needs to be open for Accession to validate. As soon as we know the answer I will be sure to post the solution here.

Regards,

Admin
10/15/2012 12:37:43 PM

RobT
RobT
Rowley,
I had issues loading these files, but when i turned off my firewall I was able to load without issue, I think the problem is to do with accessing the internet to validate the TXC file.

Rob
10/17/2012 4:44:36 PM

Rowley
Rowley
Our IT guys have amended a setting on my computer regarding authentification via a Proxy server (turned it off I think) and I can now import the TNDS .xml files, not entirely sure what they have done and it kind of breaks our usual internet protocol from what he was saying but can now import the files. Or IT guys have asked is it possible to tell Accession in any way not to use the computer's proxy settings?

Rowley
edited by Rowley on 10/18/2012

Home » Public Transport Data » Traveline National Dataset (TNDS)