home recent topics recent posts search faq  

Basemap :: Forum

user:
psw:
| lost password | register

SimonCourt - all messages by user

11/25/2013 3:14:40 PM
Main Table Report Hi Ian,

You can produce a full Path report for each of the first 50 origins (best to just have a few sample origins though) if you enter a file name into the "Save Full o/d Pathfile" option in the calculation dialog. This will give you the full journey from origin to destination and broken down so you can see the road links used, the walk time, waiting time, service ids used and even the stopping pattern of the service.

The main table report does not contain the walk and PT time in the columns provided (nor did Accession's) but this is certainly something that we can look into for the next release if you/others deem this to be important.
11/25/2013 3:36:54 PM
Adding Census Data Hi Ian,

Had this same issue last Friday with Accession and TRACC!

This was to do with the fact that the census boundary codes do not match up in the XL and GIS file.

Happy to take a look at the data if you want to email this to traccsupport@basemap.co.uk.

regards

Simon
11/25/2013 4:05:10 PM
Adding Census Data Hi Ian,

It seems to me that you are selecting the wrong column name. Did you also tick the box "First Row Contains Column headings". When the dialog asks you to select the columns make sure you chose "OA Code". I think you are selecting the first column which is "LA Code".

Let me know if this sorts it out.

regards

Simon
11/28/2013 4:10:23 PM
Loss of functionality Hi Ian, we will need to look at your data please. Could you go to Settings and create a Backup file. Can you then upload this to our FTP? If you don't have the log in for this then please email traccsupport@basemap.co.uk
You mentioned you were using this for local accessibility - can you confirm what inputs you were using for the census data?

regards Simon
11/28/2013 4:33:18 PM
Loss of functionality Ian, ignore my previous suggestion... I think I can see what is going on here. Our local accessibility results are currently provided only in distance rather than time. When it comes to doing a demographic report, its prompting you for a cut off time (mins). For LA calculations only, you actually need to use a distance cut off in meters not time. Sorry about the confusion with that. We fully intend to have both time and distance as options for the LA calculator but for now assume distance. Let me know if this allows you to produce the results you were expecting.

With regard to the loss of functionality issue. Have you activated the project (double click on project name) and the necessary data layers (PT, origins etc - click to select the required layer) again?
11/28/2013 4:52:33 PM
Loss of functionality also... if you are saying that you can't see a previous LA result then you need to go to the Result Tab. Look under where the text says "Result" on the Tab and just below there are two icons. One icon will show network accessibility results and the other will show LA results. The default is to show Network Accessibility result files so this is maybe why you can immediately see the LA result?
11/29/2013 12:33:43 PM
Loss of functionality Great to hear that you are getting some results out now. How does the calculation time compare with Accession? The calculation will multiply the origin to stop distances by 1.4 then it will select only those less than the cut off.? If the TRACC group, in general, feel that this is not the right method then we will change it as required
5/22/2014 1:08:11 PM
Hansen Weighted Calculations Basemap are interested to hear from the group regarding the option to have a Hansen Weighted calculator in TRACC.

There is already a post on the forum from Rowley on this but we are interested to understand if others out there are interested in having this included in the future?

Please let us know your thoughts on this.

regards

Simon
9/11/2014 10:39:18 AM
Drive distances Hi Andrew,

At the moment you can only get distances out by undertaking a Shortest Distance calculation but this will not take into account road speeds when doing the calculation (only looks at shortest link distances). The Fastest Path option does take into account speeds but only provided travel time results.

This is something that we are looking into.

regards

Simon
3/26/2015 8:20:57 AM
Loading DataCutter Shape files into MapInfo In order to Open the downloaded Meridian 2 or Census data (Shape Files) in MapInfo you need to use the Universal Translator to convert these to MapInfo Tab file first. You will not be able to use the File>Open option.
pages: 1